Callaway Apparel has presented its new Men’s and Women’s Autumn/Winter Collection for 2020, building on what was achieved last year by updating the successful layering of those products, deploying eco-friendly technologies and fabrics.
New Weather Series products are the focus of the collection – protecting golfers from the cold, wind and rain. The integration of Swing Tech technology has been incorporated into these layering pieces to ensure that freedom of movement and less restriction is the end result.
1. Lightweight Water Repellent Heathered Pullover: The collection also sees an introduction to all new technical piece featuring for the very first time, ‘Aquapel’ water repellency technology. Aquapel modifies fabric at the molecular level by permanently attaching hydrophobic ‘whiskers’ to individual fibres that elevate liquids, causing them to bead and roll right off the fabric surface, and furthermore repelling the elements. The pullover has a heathered chest design, 4 way stretch and SWING TECH technology for maximum range on every swing. Available in colours, Burgundy Heather, Peacoat Heather and Dark Grey Heather.
2. THERMORE Mixed Media Pullover: The most technical piece from the Men’s Collection is the Thermore Mixed Media Pullover. Not only does this product feature SWING TECH technology, but it is also engineered with Thermore Freedom technology – which uses plastic fibres from recycled bottles, again demonstrating the brand’s commitment to eco-friendly materials and design. Thermore provides advanced insulation, manufactured at a low 125gsm (Super lightweight). Pullover features a subtle Weather Series badge on right sleeve. Available in colours, Caviar and Peacoat.
3. DUAL ACTION Heathered Fleece: The Dual Action Fleece also features ‘Aquapel’ water repellency technology. Aquapel modifies fabric at the molecular level by permanently attaching hydrophobic ‘whiskers’ to individual fibers that elevate liquids, causing them to bead and roll right off the fabric surface. By using Aquapel technology, Callaway is also demonstrating their commitment towards being mindful to the environment, as when washed no harsh or chemical substances (normally used in coating garments to make them water resistant or proof) are released back into the ecosystem. Available in colours, Black Grey Heather, Peacoat Heather and Grey Heather.
Tour Pro Feedback
The new collection was first put to the test at the BMW PGA Championship and was met with resounding acceptance amongst Callaway Apparel’s tour professionals.
Renato Paratore, winner of the 2020 Betfred British Masters and who finished at -11 under par at Wentworth, said: “These new products are great! Not only are they very stylish but the modern technology in layering makes them easy to play in.”
Pablo Larrazabal, winner of the 2019 Alfred Dunhill Championship, commented: “There are some amazing new products in this year’s collection and what has really elevated them is the incorporation of Swing Tech which I can sense and feel is allowing me to swing more freely.”
Steven Brown, winner of the 2019 Portugal Masters, knows the importance of layering to combat the British and European weather and winter climates. He had this to say: “Not only have you got the classic 1/4 zip pullovers but the new technical pieces are fantastic. The use of Thermore and Aquapel in the new premium garments really shows how much Callaway is investing in making the best items for golfers.”
David Horsey said: “This is the best Autumn/Winter Collection that Callaway have produced by far. I feel more confident than ever to play in layering and the clothing is spot on.”
The elegant Autumn/Winter 2020 Women’s Collection takes on a clean and modern aesthetic that embraces timeless styles with contemporary materials including Swing Tech construction encompassing ergonomic and articulated seams. A modular approach was created to mix and match styles for multi-wearing occasions.
1. Ladies Dual Action Heathered Fleece: Full Zip heathered fleece with knit cuffs with mock neck and water resistant outer. Featuring thermal insulation technology to keep you warm in colder conditions. Available in colours, Black Heather and Peacoat Heather.
2. Ladies Mixed Media Jacket: A full zip jacket with soft shell fleece body and on-trend knit sleeves. Stitched panelling across back shoulder and waist engineered with SWING TECH. The perfect authentic jacket for the colder days when theweather shouldn’t impact your play. Available in colour Peacoat.
3. Ladies SWING TECH Puffer Jacket: The Ladies Puffer Jacket has been updated and redesigned for 2020. Including 4-way stretch side panel placement for increased movement, a flattering textured quilting design, 2-way zip with floating Chev puller, and a heatseal Chev logo on the back neck. Available in colours, Caviar and Peacoat.
For more information, visit the Official Callaway Website.